Wednesday, April 15, 2015

To Jet Lag or not to Jet Lag

Well, two days away from takeoff and I've spent the last week trying to figure out how to adjust our sleeping schedule so that our circadian rhythms aren't completely out of whack.  There are plenty of sites out there with simple remedies and calculators (Let Me Google That For You) but none of them really take into account a persons regular schedule and most of them require slight adjustments for the first 2 or 3 days of a trip that just don't make sense for a couple people who want to experience as much of the country as possible.

So, I came up with my own plan which Jes and I will attempt starting today.  Tokyo is 13hrs ahead of us.  Which means that as of this writing (8:30 AM) its currently 9:30 PM in Japan.   Therefore, when we are scheduled to land at Narita International at 4:35 PM local time, it will feel to us like it's 3:35 AM.  So, I decided to.......

Well scratch that.... as I was writing the above 2 paragraphs I realized that my entire plan was pointless and I've come up with a new one!  I'll let you all know how it works out once we get there. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment